- About BNS
- What's New
- Giving to BNS
- Parent Pages
- Our Other Sites
- Staff Resources
General Admissions Information
Children are admitted to BNS by lottery.
There is no entrance test and no pre-admission interview. Parents are asked to fill out a simple application. There are open house dates scheduled for fall and winter. Parents are urged to attend an open house before they apply. BNS is not a zoned school; children who live in Brooklyn are eligible to apply.
Check the DOE website for information about citywide elementary school enrollment.
We encourage all parents to come to a BNS Open House before they apply.
- Open Houses are for all grades, Pre-K - 5, and include a tour of the school. These events are geared towards adults.
- Open Houses begin in the Auditorium and last one and a half hours. Parents DO NOT need to register or sign up for an Open House.
Lottery and Notification Process for 2013 - 14
BNS follows the DOE Kindergarten enrollment calendar. Applications will be available from Jan. 22 - March 1 online and on paper at BNS. Notification letters will go out to all families who apply before the deadline. The letters will offer your child a spot or they will notify you of your placement on the wait list. There will be a seperate wait list for each grade. The wait list will be active from April till December.
- For Pre-K information, click here
- For Kindergarten information, click here
- For Grade 1 - 5 information, click here
Open House Dates for 2012-2013 school year
November 20, 2012 @ 9 am (new date)
December 7, 2012 @ 9 am
January 11, 2013 @ 9 am
February 1, 2013 @ 9 am
February 26, 2012 @ 6 pm (new date)
March 5, 2013 @ 6 pm
Parents do not need to register for an open house.